The Unscripted Way: Emotional Suffering & The Illusion of Time
Stay Spirit Fit as we drop the weight of suffering in this week’s boot camp! What is suffering and how does it relate to time’s past, present, and future? Find out by joining Darshana for boot camp this week and reach new levels of joy and peace!
– Freeform journal at least 2 minutes, 2 times a week
– Prompted journal entry:
1) I know I’m emotionally suffering when.. (What is your definition of suffering? How do you feel? What are the indicators that you’re suffering?)
2) Where in my life am I currently experiencing emotional suffering? (Select a specific situation alive for you today).
3) What feelings do I experience related to the situation I selected? (Notice a pull to the past or future).
4) Here is a summary of what objectively happened in this situation. (I could play this back as a video for others to see/hear… stick to what is objective and observable).
5) What I’m making meaning about what happened/might happen is… (What is my inner dialogue? What am I assuming about the situation, myself, or other person)?
– Continue crafting your 100th birthday celebration speech – what will they say about your life? What is the legacy you want to leave?
– (Optional): Read The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
– (Optional): Check out the Spirit Science series: http://thespiritscience.net/about-spirit-science/
– Prompted video journal entry (for our 4 boot campers): Is there an area of life where you feel there is some degree of emotional suffering? Notice your thoughts about this area of life. Do your thoughts tend to pull you to the past, to the future, or to the present? What is incomplete or uncertain?
2 comments to The Unscripted Way: Emotional Suffering & The Illusion of Time
Great episode!! I’ve been in both stories – one where I was stuck in the past repeatedly! I’ve exercised that muscle a ton! And hyper aware!
And I’ve now graduated to exercising emotions and processing when I feel pulled towards the future from the present.
Yes so many attachments and fears with time! I’ll chat more on specifics in video!!
Thank you !!
Much learning from this episode, Darshana, Thank you! “We need suffering until we don’t need it anymore,” and “It is not a natural state…” Excellent. Well. It seems to have been my natural state, unfortunately, but I loved the shift I got over the course of this episode to seeing it as an habitual state as you described. I have had an out-of-balance week, and in hind sight wish that I would have watched this a week ago. :/ Going to write now. 🙂